A Welterweight contest between two fan favorites appears to be headed for UFC 135 this coming September.
From Matt Hughes : ” As some of you may have already heard, my next fight will be against Diego Sanchez on September 24th in Denver, CO. That’s all I know as of right now, I’ll post more information as soon as I can.”
Hughes and Sanchez have a combined 40 fights in the UFC between them, 30 of them ending with their hand raised.
Unfortunately for MMA Legend Royce Gracie this means no shot at revenge against Hughes in Rio at UFC 134.
- Mir, Alvey, Dwyer & Reneau lead a cast of violent underdogs in Porto Alegre - February 23, 2015
- UFC POA Highlight: “Smile’n” Sam strikes again - February 23, 2015
- Countdown to UFC 184 ‘Rousey vs. Zingano’ main event preview - February 18, 2015
- Weekend in Violence 3 Stars: Bendo, Shlemenko and Burrow score spectacular finishes - February 16, 2015
- Video: Bellator 133 ‘Shlemenko vs. Manhoef’ What to Watch - February 12, 2015
- ‘Ronda Rousey Uncovered’ SI Swimsuit Video - February 10, 2015
- UFC 184 ‘Rousey vs. Zingano’ updated fight card - February 7, 2015
- DC all about cake and chicken – not cocaine and steroids - February 3, 2015
- CES MMA 27 Highlights: O’ Neil and Paiva electrify Rhode Island with a couple of quick KO’s - January 31, 2015
- UFC 183 HOV ‘Silva vs. Diaz’ Pick ‘Em - January 31, 2015